Solar Structural Design Engineer FT 1st Shift Houston, TX #26343 – Seeking Military Affiliation
The Solar Structural Engineer will be responsible for structural engineering design for NOV's fixed-tilt and single-axis tracker solar racking systems within the Engineering group of NOV Renewables. This will include project design, product development analysis, design tool development, sales support, wind tunnel study definition and interpretation, and other relevant tasks.
National Oilwell Varco (NOV) is a leading provider of technology, equipment, and services to the global oil and gas industry that supports customers' full-field drilling, completion, and production needs. Since 1862, NOV has pioneered innovations that improve oil and gas operations' cost-effectiveness, efficiency, safety, and environmental impact.
NOV Rig Technologies makes and supports the world's most advanced drilling solutions. With a long history of manufacturing advanced drilling equipment packages, think top drives, iron roughnecks, draw works, BOPs, risers, and complete land rigs, we're constantly working to solve our customer's operational challenges. We're designing new technology and robotics that deliver increased automation; expanding our training offerings to help our partners close the industry's generational gap; and developing smarter, more advanced drilling solutions for all types of land and offshore environments.
We're continually pushing our standards higher to deliver the safest, most efficient, and most reliable drilling solutions worldwide. Join us as we continue to power the industry that powers the world.
– Complete structural design calculations for solar racking structures for project submittal and product development purposes
– Perform analyses of structural elements for solar racking using classical hand and computer methods
– Configure existing and new product lines for projects considering site-specific wind, snow, seismic, and geotechnical conditions
– Manage, develop, and improve engineering processes and project design automation tools
– Update and develop engineering document formats
– Verify and check drawings and layouts
– Give direction to designers and drafters
– Develop application information for proposals on all product lines
– Perform other work-related tasks as assigned
– Comply with all NOV Company and HSE policies and procedures
TOP SKILLS REQUIRED:
– Design of steel structures and creation of engineering permitting packages meeting US building codes
– Creation of reusable structural calculation tools (using excel, python, etc.)
– Management of 3rd party consultants for project and development work
– General solar industry experience
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATIONS:
– B.S. or higher in Civil/Structural Engineering, or similar, from an accredited university
– 5 years or more of relevant experience required
– P.E. / S.E. licensure is strongly preferred
– Experience with SAP2000, L-Pile, and PV design software preferred
– Experience with cold-form steel design, soil-structure interaction, driven pile design, ASCE 7, AISI, and AISC strongly preferred