Senior Software Engineer FT/HYBRID 1st Shift Houston, TX #26300 Seeking Military Affiliation
The Advanced Analytics Controls & Digital team is NOV's forward-thinking development team using the latest techniques and methods in software development to automate our completion equipment and help reduce our equipment's Carbon Footprint while enabling our customers to do the same.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
– Expert in object-oriented design, design patterns, and software architecture
– Write code using a clear concept of SOLID principles, coding development standards, and guidelines
– Responsible for designing, implementing, testing, and documenting functional software solutions that interface with controls and automation software.
– Debug issues, determine root cause, and implement fixes in-house and at customer sites as required
– Strong experience understanding and translating business requirements into technical requirements to develop projects from concept to commercialization
– Development of systems, procedures, tools, and practices that will increase the efficiency of the department
– Comfortable in a fast-paced customer-focused environment that embraces new requirements and features
– Participate in product roadmap discussion and long-term planning
– Handle multiple projects simultaneously, and meet deadlines, while effectively managing priorities and communicating progress
– Perform thorough design reviews and code reviews with the team
– Review and redesign existing applications as needed
– Ability to lead engineering projects and work with all project stakeholders
– Communicate design ideas, styles, and use cases to development teams
– Experience in mentoring junior staff on the team by providing guidance, direction, and feedback to meet agreed-upon objectives
– Actively work with other engineers in cross-functional, cross-geographical development teams to fully understand the project scope
– Ensure software has a consistent look and feel for varied types of equipment across product lines
– Remain well-informed of industry methodologies and trends
– Occasional travel for commissioning or servicing of equipment
– Work efficiently, safely, and follow all NOV Safety Policies and Procedures
– Maintain all company information as confidential
– Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS
-Minimum Bachelor in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, or equivalent work experience required.
– Minimum 5 years of professional software development experience
– Qt and QML application development experience required
– C++ programming experience required
– Experience with C#/C++, Angular, and Git source control required
– Strong understanding of object-oriented programming
– Working understanding of database concepts
– Ability to lead and work with other team members
– Knowledge and experience with web applications preferred.
– Knowledge and experience with communication protocols such as TCP/IP, Modbus, and OPC-UA preferred.
– Knowledge and experience in automation systems and components would be an asset
– Some travel may be required greater than 15% annually
– Consistent computer work may require eight or more hours working at a desk
– Extended standing and light lifting (less than 25 pounds) may be required