Production Welder FT 2nd Shift Dayton, OH #24117 – Seeking Military Affiliation
NOV Fluid Motions Solutions is looking for a Production Welder on the 2nd shift at our Dayton, OH facility. This role will require the ability to set up workpieces of complex design utilizing a wide variety of raw materials is essential. It demands the ability to lay out unique shapes and intricate geometric designs. The welding processes used require the re-qualification of personnel annually. $25-$30 per hour plus night shift pay premium.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
– Use proper welding processes and procedures for various types of steel, stainless steel, and other alloys.
– Set up workpieces according to engineering drawings or verbal instructions.
– Use fixtures to position workpieces.
– Weld parts per job specifications.
– Maintain weld size of bead and penetration to drawing specification.
– Chip and grind off excess slag or weld.
– Work safely at all times to conform to factory rules.
– Operate hoists, saws, shears, rolls, presses, and fabrication equipment.
– Minimum of 2 years of industrial experience in fabrication-type work.
– Successful completion of welding school, covering such welding processes as electric arc, semi-automatic (MIG), automatic submerged arc, TIG, oxy-acetylene welding, and brazing (documentation required).
– Ability to read and interpret blueprints and work from verbal instructions with particular emphasis on welding symbol interpretations.
– Attend supplementary instructions as required.
– Basic understanding of electrical variables relative to arc weldings, such as polarity, voltage, and amperage.