Military Sourcing Recruiter – Remote – SkillBridge Internship
TalentGro connects active service members, reservists, veterans, and their spouses with employers. All aspects of our mission are built upon providing optimal results for our customers & organizations seeking to hire veterans and job seekers within our military communities.
Recruiting Internship Program Purpose & Outcome:
The primary objective is to provide eligible transitioning service members training in recruitment, specifically focusing on mastering how military skill sets apply to the civilian workforce. Training and experience in these fields will further enhance service members’ marketability and polish their skills for a new career. TSMs will be trained to use these skills to help other service members more effectively connect with employers. The employment objective is to hire an internship program participant who will become a Sourcing Recruiter Apprentice at the time of completion.
*As a participant in the Registered Apprenticeship Program, a veteran can use their GI Bill benefit and receive a tax-free monthly stipend (BAH) while participating in the program as an apprentice.
Employment & Recruitment skills training and subsequent practical applications in company operations will prepare participants for employment in multiple fields.
Training topics include:
- Develop a knowledge base of translatable military skill sets & how they apply in the civilian workforce.
- Develop initial recruiting skills: source, screen, and select candidates.
- Learn to source candidates through omni-channel marketing (Social, referrals, networking, and internal databases.)
- Learn about the various software tools and resources recruiters use in their day-to-day efforts.
- Learn how to assist veteran job seekers in optimizing their online profiles.
- Learn how to assist veteran job seekers in identifying and preparing for career fairs and other recruiting opportunities.
- Develop a deeper understanding of the recruitment lifecycle and how employers source, screen, interview, hire, and onboard new talent.
- Learn necessary employment law that affects interviewing and selection process.
CRS Key Responsibilities
- Help job seekers properly complete their TalentGro Military profile.
- Coach job seekers on the most productive and efficient ways to maximize the TalentGro Military career and SkillBridge site.
- Introduce our job seekers to appropriate key partners to assist with their career and life objectives.
- Aid in the development of hard and soft skills.
- Coach job seekers on using digital tools such as the online resume generator and job search features (MOS matching tool and job search filters) to ensure an outcome with relevant positions.
- Develop relationships with employers and respond effectively to their requests.
- Screen and match military talent to employers’ requests.
Skills, Requirements, & Qualifications
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Experience in, or strong interest in, providing customer service and helping others.
- Track record of successfully absorbing training and applying it with minimal supervision.
- Proven ability to carefully follow procedures and complete all assigned tasks in the allotted time.
- Demonstrated ability to train and lead others in following procedures/best practices and completing tasks.
- Ability to empathize with other job seekers.
- High comfort level and proficiency with computers, website navigation, social media, and traditional Microsoft Office products (i.e., Word).
Position Logistical Information
- Military Sourcing Recruiter Internship is a 3–6-month program and will be a remote role.
- Must have a professional, remote work environment conducive to regular phone conversations and video calls.
- Must have internet connectivity sufficient to support regular online work, including computer utilization, VOIP phone conversations, and video calls.
- Interns must follow all SkillBridge program requirements per command and installation guidelines.