Mechanical Machine Design Engineer FT 1st shift San Antonio, TX #25942 Seeking Military Affiliation
Apply fundamental solid mechanical design and engineering principles, assuring complete design and procurement of manufacturing equipment. Fiber Glass Machine Design position focuses on the mechanical design of one-off equipment designs, including CNC winders, electrical, hydraulic, and other driven equipment. Design, build, installation/startup, and troubleshooting equipment is required. Solidworks and AutoCAD proficiency is required. Automation, PLC, Hydraulics, etc., skill sets are a plus.
– Work with product design engineering on technical specifications that best utilize equipment and manufacturing techniques.
– Prototype new processes and new equipment for manufacturing products. – Transcribe performance requirements for product processes, equipment development, or engineering projects.
– Study industrial processes to maximize the efficiency of equipment applications, including equipment placement.
– Recommend process and equipment improvements incorporating the latest technologies.
– Collaborate with electrical engineer and manage specifications for automation of equipment.
– Support product development by developing, verifying, and implementing product processes and manufacturing solutions to satisfy various market requirements.
– Design test equipment and develop procedures for testing products. – Collaborate with vendors to source design and fabrication components, machining, and equipment assembly.
– Prepare technical packages for tenders and organize the technical tender documents.
– Estimate costs or submit bids for engineering, construction, or installation projects.
– Oversee installation, operation, maintenance, or repair of machines or equipment, ensuring they are installed and functioning according to specifications.
– Budget, monitor, and report the cost and schedule of equipment and projects.
– Contribute to lab prototyping and manufacturing environments as needed.
– Investigate equipment failures or difficulties to diagnose faulty operation and recommend remedial actions or design modifications to eliminate machine or system malfunctions.
– Read and interpret blueprints, technical drawings, schematics, or computer-generated reports.
– Other duties as assigned
– Bachelor in Mechanical Engineering or similar discipline required.
– Masters in Mechanical Engineering preferred.
– 5 or more years of work experience in the equipment design field.
– Experience in the field of composite manufacturing is a plus.
– Projects may require evening and weekend work attendance.
– Strong Mechanical Aptitude.
– Ability to interpret data and provide recommendations based on findings.
– Available for overnight and international Travel required.
– Exposure/experience working with shop fabrication and machining.
– Exposure to and familiarity with hydraulic design.
– Exposure to and familiarity with equipment automation.
– Design for manufacturing.
We offer a competitive benefits package starting the first date of employment that includes: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401K savings plan, paid time-off, and starting at three weeks of vacation! For more specifics, please visit our benefits page https://usbenefits.nov.com/