NOV Fluid Motion Solutions Dayton / Chemineer is actively hiring!
DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
– Independently set up and operate light to heavy-duty horizontal and vertical turret lathes, engine lathes, and other manual machines.
– Perform turning, facing, boring, drilling, and tapping chases threads, machine tapers, and other operations such as shaft straightening.
– Set up manual machines, select the proper cutting tools, and set appropriate feeds/speeds.
– Read complex engineering blueprints to understand machining/finishing requirements.
– Use multiple precision measuring instruments and gauges, including micrometers, indicators, gage blocks, and verniers to verify dimensions with working drawings.
– Properly repair, maintain, and construct jigs and fixtures.
– Grind and set cutting tools relative to the design and material of the workpiece.
– Hold close tolerances, and exercise judgment relative to the quality and finish of the workpiece.
– Use a hoist to load and unload machines.
– Work safely at all times and immediately reports any machine or tool malfunction to the supervisor in charge.
– High School graduate or equivalent.
– Five years of manual machine experience (Required)
– Experience on turret lathe or engine lathe. Horizontal and vertical lathe experience preferred.
– Good knowledge and application of shop mathematics; capable of reading machining blueprints, sketches and following verbal instructions.
– Must have own hand tools as required.
– Complete setups in various classes of conventional turret, engine lathe work, and general machining.
– Works independently under minimal supervision.
– Capable of standing for an entire shift,
– Occasional lifting up to 50lbs
– Frequent lifting up to 20lbs
– Frequent loading and unloading parts into machines
– Work in a fast-paced environment.
-This is a Union position after 90 days and is eligible for monthly increases
-401K matching up to 4% of base pay and overtime
-Competitive medical plans that cover your entire family (yourself, eligible spouse, and eligible children) as of your first date of hire for as little as $125 per pay period (bi-weekly)
– Employees and their spouse enrolled in a medical plan can receive up to $350 (pre-tax) each per year for participating in Choose Well-being Rewards
– FREE preventative medical and dental care for the entire family (when enrolled in an NOV medical/dental plan and seeing an in-network physician)
– FREE Basic Life and AD&D insurance
– Start with three weeks of paid vacation per year (prorated based on start date)
– 40 hours of paid sick leave per year (prorated based on start date)
– 11 paid holidays per year