Machinist Crankshift Grinder FT 3rd Shift Tulsa, OK #26065 – Seeking Military Affiliation
NOV Process & Flow Technologies is looking for an experienced Manual Machinist Night Shift Operator, Crankshift Grinder to join our production line in Tulsa, OK. We prioritize employee safety, professional development, innovation, and customer service. This is an excellent opportunity for an individual to gain additional experience with a well-established but growing manufacturing facility. Apply and see what we are all about!
– Set up and operate conventional, special purpose, and machining centers to fabricate metallic parts by performing the following duties.
– Study blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications, or sample parts to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished workpieces, sequence of operations, and setup requirements.
– Measure, mark, and scribe dimensions and reference points on material or workpiece as guides for subsequent machining.
– Select, align and secure holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials on lathe machines, grinders, and shapers.
– Calculate and set controls to regulate machining factors such as speed, feed, coolant flow, depth, and cut angle, or enter commands to retrieve, input, or edit computerized machine control media.
– Start and observe machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining and adjust machine controls as required.
– Perform general machining, OD / ID turning, and boring with minor thread work.
– Verify dimensions and conformance of finished workpiece to specifications.
– Set up and operate the machine on a trial run to verify the accuracy of machine settings or programmed control data.
– Install machined replacement parts in mechanisms, machines, and equipment and test the unit’s operation to ensure functionality and performance.
– Develop specifications from a general description and sketch part of the product to be fabricated.
– Confer with engineers, production personnel, programmers, or others to resolve machining or assembly problems.
– Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below represent the knowledge, skill, and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made for individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
– High school diploma or GED and Two to four years of related experience and training.
– Crankshaft grinder, grinding to final requirement preferred.
– CNC experience preferred.
– Writes clearly and informatively;
– Able to read and interpret written information.
– Organizational Support
– Follows policies and procedures.
– Prioritizes and plans work activities;
– Uses time efficiently.
– Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness;
– Monitors own work to ensure quality.
– Meets productivity standards;
– Completes work promptly.
Safety and Security
– Observes safety and security procedures;
– Reports potentially unsafe conditions ;
– Uses equipment and materials properly.
– Able to deal with frequent changes, delays, or unexpected events.
– Is consistently at work and on time;
– Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent.
– Follow instructions and respond to managements direction;
– Take responsibility for your actions.
– Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
– Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
– Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs. – Calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
– Apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.