Field Surveyor – Military SkillBridge Opportunity! Melville, NY
Military SkillBridge Opportunity!
This is not a direct hire position.
GdB Geospatial is looking for motivated individuals who are team players interested in furthering their careers in the geospatial services field.
GdB is an industry leader in the A/E/C industry in New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, and other surrounding states. We exist to build awesome teams and create opportunities by collecting, managing, and presenting Geospatial data. Our services include land surveying, machine control modeling, sUAS, LiDAR, BIM, Subsurface Utility Investigation, and GIS & spatial data management services.
· Working outdoors, taking measurements near roads, construction sites, water bodies, etc.
- Transitioning Service Member (REQUIRED)
- Experience working in this career is not required.
- Interest in working with numbers, technology, high-tech measuring equipment, and GPS
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Must be solutions-focused, detail-oriented, and accountable
- Must be excited to work with a team where everyone brings each other up and continuously improves
- Ability to use tools including – but not limited to – machetes, shovels, sledgehammers, etc.
- Tasks may require lifting / carrying up to 50 pounds and being exposed to outside weather conditions and rugged terrain
- Some out-of-town work and overnight travel will be required
- A valid driver’s license
- Reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (REQUIRED)
Benefits (upon hire):
· Flexibility with when and where you work
· 401k with 4% company contribution whether you contribute or not
· Generous paid time off and parental leave.
· Professional development support
· Life Insurance with premium paid by the company
· Health Insurance with generous company contribution
· Dental Insurance
· Snacks, coffee
· Social events
- 8 – 10 hour shift
- Monday to Friday