Electrical Engineer FT 1st Shift San Antonio, TX #25943 – Seeking Military Affiliation
Provide electrical design and direction for new, used, and equipment upgrades in support of FGS worldwide operations.
– Actively participates in new equipment design and automation
– Works with mechanical engineers in the conceptual design of equipment.
– Develop and/or direct IO schematics, bills of material, and panel build drawings. – Generates field wiring drawings.
– Outline and program required
– Actively specifies and manages new plant expansion electrical needs
– Works with mechanicals to develop capacity needs and generates single-line drawings.
– Works with general contractors and local utilities on bid and prosecution.
– Assists in analyzing and recommending PM and obsolescence from a worldwide perspective for both hardware and software.
– Provide leadership to local plant electrical maintenance with difficult troubleshooting situations.
– Design and develop single-line diagrams
– Create load calculation, short circuit, and voltage drop analysis
– Extensive knowledge of circuit over-load protection, wire, and conduit sizing
– Experience with power panels and switchboards
– Exposure to Arc Flash calculation and requirements managing high voltage design for execution.
– Design and develop machine control schematics and wiring diagrams
– AC and DC motor drive applications, tuning, programming, and troubleshooting hydraulic and pneumatic valve and servo controls
– Control panel layout and design
– PLC logic and programming.
– Beckoff Remote I/O a plus.
– Power distribution design
– Design and build electrical layout and conduits run
– Experience working with outside contractors
– Minimum BSEE
– 10 to 15 years of work experience in electro/mechanical power and control.
– Proficient in CAD, PLC programming, MS Word, Excel, and MS Projects.
– Mechanical aptitude.
– Extensive knowledge of NEC and OSHA requirements.
– Experience in scheduling and cost estimating.
– Moderate foreign and domestic travel will be required.
We offer a competitive benefits package starting the first date of employment that includes: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401K savings plan, paid time-off, and starting at 3 weeks of vacation! For more specifics please visit our benefits page https://usbenefits.nov.com/