Dietary Aide – Seeking Military Affiliation -1st / 2nd Shift – FT / PT Kilmarnock, VA
Virginia Health Services is hiring Dietary Aides with military affiliation to join our dedicated team. These positions are full-time, part-time, 1st, and 2nd shifts, and start at $12 – $13 per hour!
- Assist with preparing and distributing resident meals and snacks following the menu, diet orders, and facility meal schedule.
- Ensure proper storage and handling of all food, including knowledge of appropriate time, holding temperatures, and temperature documentation (HACCP.)
- Monitor inventory to ensure adequate quantities of food are on hand.
- Assist using the menu tray card system.
- Effectively operate all kitchen appliances.
- Follow facility cleaning schedule to maintain proper cleaning and sanitation of kitchen equipment and work area.
- Wash dishes and clean work areas, tables, cabinets, carts, and ovens per infection control standards.
- Comply with all established policies and procedures.
- Promote and demonstrate positive customer service towards VHS, co-workers, residents, family members, and visitors.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- Ability to read, write, and comprehend simple information.
- While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, turn, bend, stoop, lift, push, pull, reach, talk, hear, taste or smell.
- Must be able to lift, push, pull and move up to 50 pounds.
- Risk of exposure to bloodborne pathogens and hazardous materials
- ServSafe Certified.
- Prior food service experience.
- Competitive salary
- Flexible schedules
- Group Health insurance, including medical, dental, vision,
- Flexible spending and health savings account
- Paid vacation, sick leave, and personal days
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with employer contribution
- Referral program
- State-of-the-art, Employment, Enrichment, and Education Center to provide hands-on opportunities for training and development of our team
Why join Virginia Health Services?
Locally owned and headquartered in Newport News, Virginia, since 1963, Virginia Health Services offers exceptional senior living and health care services. Our 1,200+ employees are passionate and committed to our residents' well-being and quality care.
A career with Virginia Health Services means you'll be part of a collaborative team whose dedication and compassion are recognized and valued. We are excited to bring in new individuals to help our teams make a difference in our resident's care. We believe in the quality of life for our residents and want to help you live your best life too!