CNA SkillBridge Opportunity with Guaranteed Placement!
Virginia Health Services is seeking transitioning service members for an amazing SkillBridge opportunity.
The next cohort starts 23 January!
Training is accelerated and lasts approximately six weeks, with rotating weekends for On-the-Job Training. Full participation is required.
The class is held at James River Nursing and Rehabilitation Center in Newport News, Virginia. Hours may vary between 6:30 am and 4 pm. This program requires clinical rotations, which may require travel to Coliseum Nursing and Rehabilitation Center in Hampton, Virginia.
Upon successfully completing the training class, you will be placed in one of our facilities as a full-time Certified Nurse Aide on one of our three shifts. You will be asked your preference on facility location and shift before graduation, and we will do our best to accommodate. Virginia Health Services covers the costs associated with the National Nurse Aide Assessment Program exam for state Nurse Aide certification.
What will you do as a CNA?
- Maintain resident rooms and nursing units per infection control standards.
- Maintain accurate, complete, and timely documentation of resident care.
- Work with the interdisciplinary team to assist in achieving planned resident goals.
Why join Virginia Health Services?
Locally owned and headquartered in Newport News, Virginia, since 1963, Virginia Health Services offers exceptional senior living and health care services. Our 1,200+ employees are passionate and committed to our resident's well-being and quality care.
A career with Virginia Health Services means you'll be part of a collaborative team whose dedication and compassion are recognized and valued. We believe in the quality of life and want to help you live your best life too!
Recognizing you have many options; Virginia Health Services is committed to investing in its Team members and offers the following benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Group Health insurance including medical, dental, vision, flexible spending, and health savings account
- Paid vacation, sick leave, and personal days
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with an employer contribution annual basis.
- Tuition reimbursement
- Referral program
- State-of-the-art, Employment, Enrichment, and Education Center to provide hands-on opportunities for training and development of our team!