CNA Apprenticeship – Newport News, VA
Virginia Health Services is seeking Care Assistants to work in our facilities in Hampton and Newport News, VA. This position requires participation in our Certified Nurse Aide paid training program.
EARN AS YOU LEARN!
This is a PAID training class with classroom and clinical hours on a day shift schedule. Training is accelerated and lasts approximately 6 weeks with rotating weekends for On-the-Job Training. Full participation is required.
Class is held at James River Nursing and Rehabilitation Center in Newport News, Virginia. Hours may vary between 6:30am and 4pm.This program requires clinical rotations, which may require travel to Coliseum Nursing and Rehabilitation Center in Hampton, Virginia.
Upon successful completion of the training class, you will be placed in one of our facilities as a full-time Certified Nurse Aide on one of our three shifts. You will be asked your preference on facility location/shift prior to program graduation, and we will do our best to accommodate your preferences. Virginia Health Services will also cover the costs associated with registering for the National Nurse Aide Assessment Program exam for state Nurse Aide certification.
The Earn-As-You-Learn program is available at no cost to you with a 12 month education agreement.
Care Assistant Requirements:
- Understand and carry out simple written and/or oral instructions.
- Read, write, and comprehend short correspondence and memos.
- Gerontological experience a plus but not required.
- High School Diploma preferred but not required.
What will I do as a CNA?
- Maintain resident rooms and nursing unit in accordance with infection control standards.
- Maintain accurate, complete and timely documentation of resident care.
- Work with the interdisciplinary team to assist in achieving planned resident goals.
Why join Virginia Health Services?
Locally owned and headquartered in Newport News, Virginia since 1963, Virginia Health Services offers exceptional senior living and health care services. Our 1,200+ employees are passionate and committed to the well-being and quality care of our residents.
A career with Virginia Health Services means you'll be part of a collaborative Team whose dedication and compassion are recognized and valued. We believe in quality of life and want to help you live your best life too!
Recognizing you have many options; Virginia Health Services is committed to investing in its Team members and offers the following benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Group Health insurance including medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings account
- Paid vacation, sick leave, and personal days
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with an employer contribution annual basis.
- Tuition reimbursement
- Referral program
- State-of-the-art, Employment, Enrichment and Education Center to provide hands-on opportunities for training and development of our team!
Virginia Health Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability or veteran status. We are a drug free workplace.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions and responsibilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.