27398 – CNC Machinist – Gear Cutter FT 2nd Shift Houston, TX
SALARY: 58240.00 USD – 68016.00 USD
SCHEDULE: NIGHT SHIFT – 4:00 PM – 3:30 AM WITH WEEKLY OT REQUIRED (WORKING ABOUT 50+ HOURS PER WEEK)
SHIFT DIFFERENTIAL: $2 PER HOUR
TOP SKILLS REQUIRED:
– MUST HAVE EXPERIENCE WORKING ON GLEASON MACHINES (ENSURE THIS IS CLEARLY SHOWN ON ALL RESUMES)
– 5 YEARS OF GEAR CUTTING & INSPECTION EXPERIENCE
– SOLID UNDERSTANDING OF GD&T
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
– Set up, and operate gear hobbers, shapers, and miscellaneous cutting machinery
– Set up and run large gear projects on CNC and manual shapers, hobbers, and grinders
– Read and interpret complex blueprints and set up sheets
– Perform quality checks on gears adhering to very tight tolerance
– Capable of basic shop math, geometry, and trigonometry
– Reduce set-up time and machining time through process improvements.
– Inspect completed work for conformance to specification using tools such as calipers, height gauges, micrometers, rulers, etc.
– MUST HAVE EXPERIENCE WORKING ON GLEASON MACHINES
– Gear Shaping experience preferred.
– High School Diploma or GED.
– Five years experience in gear cutting & inspection
– Solid understanding of GD&T