26956 – Solar Sales Specialist FT 1st Shift Houston, TX – Seeking Military Affiliation
Solar Sales Specialist to drive sales growth of its ArcMinPV family of ground-mount steel racking &single-axis tracker products for upcoming solar projects. Focus for products includes commercial & industrial, distributed generation, and utility-scale solar power projects ranging from 500kW to 150MW+ in system size. This position will concentrate on business development with previous relationships and newly identified target customers. This position is ideal for someone who wants to work at a large, diversified firm within a “startup” business unit and is motivated to grow and close sales to help us achieve our targets.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
– Identify, qualify, and close leads with commercial, industrial, and utility-scale facilities and work with EPCs and solar project developers.
– Hit minimum weekly, monthly, and annual productivity and sales goals.
– Maintain contact with existing clients from former solar PV projects and leverage your relationships to expand the opportunity pipeline.
– Develop new opportunities through approved vendor lists, requests for proposals, letters of intent, memoranda of understanding, and customer outreach through customer relationship management software.
– Prepare preliminary project estimates & financing cash flows.
– Present detailed proposals to prospects.
– Deliver technical and commercial presentations.
– Generate additional revenue opportunities through networking and referrals.
– Partner with cross-functional departments to accomplish mutual objectives.
– Maintain ongoing knowledge of local and regional competition, understanding market pricing, utility rates, grant, incentive programs, and the current mix of products and services.
– Regular travel is required for client meetings.
– Act as the internal “voice of the customer” to align business performance to client needs.
– Participate in training as required to perform your role.
– Adhere to and comply with state and federal law, company quality programs, policies, and HS&E regulations.
– Bachelor of Science Degree.
– Sales with at least 5 years experience, selling into the solar industry vertical.
– Working knowledge of fixed-tilt racking and single-axis tracker technology.
– Deep knowledge of the Energy industry and operations, specifically renewables and solar utility construction.
– Understanding the solar value chain, including a market penetration and product development background.
– Demonstrate experience in maintaining and growing business with existing and developing new clients.
– Exceptional written and verbal skills to effectively communicate with technical and non-technical audiences.
SKILLS, TRAINING, OR SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE:
– Computer literacy (Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook).
– Knowledge of Dynamics365, PLM/PDM, or CRM data systems.