26763 – Mechanical Engineer II FT 1st Shift Houston, TX – Seeking Military Affiliation
– Perform diverse engineering activities involving the design and redesign of company products.
– Manage engineering projects, and ensure projects meet customer specifications and are completed on time and within budget.
– Participate in engineering projects, initiatives, and processes that are in conformance with established policies, standards, and objectives;
– Establish and update engineering standards and specifications as needed.
– Be fully aware of personal workload, prioritize and organize to ensure deadlines are achieved.
– Generate Engineering documentation and calculations that conform to and support best engineering practices and industry standards.
– Provide remote assistance to multiple manufacturing facilities.
– Learn and use ERP business systems and document control systems like EPDM & Teamcenter.
– Provide technical support for sales, marketing, manufacturing, and field support personnel.
– Participate in companywide LEAN activities.
– Travel is occasionally required as dictated by project needs.
– Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering required.
– 3-5 years of design experience, including experience designing heavy industrial equipment.
– Experience with ASME Section VIII Div.1, pressure vessels, Heat Exchangers, and rotating machines is preferred.
– Communicate effectively and handle multiple projects is essential.
– Knowledge of SolidWorks solid modeling CAD software or equivalent (Pro E, CATIA, etc.).
– Strong knowledge of dimensioning and tolerancing per ASME Y14.5 is desirable.
– Experience in a manufacturing environment or hands-on welding/machining experience is a plus.
– Ability to adapt and be cross-trained to learn all job duties as required.
– Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.