25659 – CNC Machinist FT 2nd and 3rd Shift Dayton, OH
SALARY: 59,092.80 USD – 70,408.00 USD
WORKING HOURS: 2nd shift is 3:30 pm to midnight. 3rd shift is 11 pm to 7 am.
Shift differential $2ph
NO RELOCATION OFFERED
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
– Set up and run machines using good machining, quality, and safety practices.
– Set tooling to close tolerances, frequently to less than .001.
– Set up, makes adjustments, and change tools in the tool conveyor
– Perform all supplementary operations, such as gaging, part loading, unloading, deburring, fixture loading, serializing, etc.
– Set up and uses precision measuring equipment such as .0001 indicators, dial or electronic bore gages, Jo Blocks, inside and outside micrometers, depth mics, verniers, etc.
– Assist during prove-outs, adjusting feeds, speeds, etc., to establish a program that will run without operator intervention.
– Edit programs and communicate changes to the programmer.
– Perform scheduled minor preventative maintenance tasks
– Perform mechanical and minor electro-mechanical maintenance within the cell — Maintain good housekeeping practices
– Communicate with other shift operators on machine and tool operations and scheduling plans
– Communicate with support personnel to suggest improvements to improve overall effectiveness.
– Minimum of 5 years experience on production machines, including turning, boring, and milling operations using carbide tooling.
– Minimum of 2 years on NC or CNC equipment
– Knowledge and application of shop math, including basic trig familiarity.
– Communicate easily with supervisors, programmers, and other shift personnel
– Must have practical knowledge of cutting tools
– Must be capable of reading blueprints, programs, and sketches
– Must be familiar with and be able to use precision measuring equipment.
– Must be alert, conscientious, and capable of adapting to new concepts in machining
– Ability to work independently or self-directed.
– Physical demands include standing at the machine for up to 8-10 hours per day, frequent lifting up to 10 lbs, and occasional lifting up to 50 lbs.